AHMA-NCH Expo 2023
August 27 & 28, 2023 Santa Clara Convention Center
Vendors: Click here for exhibiting details
AHMA-NCH Conference 2023
August 29 & 30, 2023 Santa Clara Convention Center
Call for Presentations
The AHMA-NCH Conference Committee is seeking presentations for educational sessions designed to educate affordable housing professionals at the AHMA-NCH Annual Conference & Trade Show which will be held on August 29 & 30th, 2023 at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
We invite presenters to submit current, original content proposals for the conference.
The deadline for submitting proposals for the first review round is December 17th. AHMA-NCH will notify all selected speakers by April 1st.
Proposals will be accepted for:
Presentations – Team or individual proposals accepted. Sessions will run 60-90 minutes. Proposals for full day training will also be accepted and considered for education outside of the conference.
- A presenter can propose multiple sessions, but we are not specifically seeking presenters who can fill multiple timeslots.
Panels – Panel discussions will be considered. They may be organized and submitted as a group by a panel coordinator, or an individual may submit their particular viewpoint to become part of a panel.
The conference committee will set the day and time for each presentation, in order to maximize the sequencing and flow of content and tracks.
What is AHMA-NCH?
AHMA-NCH is a nonprofit association of industry professionals whose mission is to strengthen and enhance affordable housing management by providing professional development, education, resources, advocacy, and industry representation.
Affordable Housing Professionals, including, but not limited to:
- Managing Agents
- Maintenance Personnel
- Property Owners
- Compliance Specialists
- Service Coordinators
- Resident Managers
- Non-Profit Board Members
- Tax Credit and HUD Property Managers
- Housing Authorities
Submission does not guarantee inclusion in the conference.
AHMA-NCH seeks to educate its audience and not promote any specific products. Exhibit space is available for all promotional activity. Only presentations that are product-neutral and affordable housing management and advocacy related will be considered. Presentation selections will be made based upon desired topics, content, educational value, and understanding of the content.
Suggested presentation and workshop topics:
We are looking for speakers to address the following topics with emphasis on what has changed because of COVID-19:
- Fair Housing/Reasonable Accommodations
- Landlord Tenant Law covering issues like eviction
- Resident Services
- Soft Skills & Professional Development
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- For State and Federal Agencies:
- How have your procedures changed because of COVID?
- Make a Suggestion
Proposals will be reviewed and scored based on content, format, and presenter credentials.
- Content. Is it credible, relevant, timely and innovative? Is it free of grammatical and spelling errors?
- Format. Is the format conducive to adult learning? Are participatory learning formats used? Is the session designed to address all learning types?
- Presenter. Is the presenter knowledgeable, experienced, and credible in the proposed content area?
AHMA-NCH has a very small budget for our speakers. If you require an honorarium and travel expenses in order to present, please include that request in your proposal. All speakers will receive the following: a complimentary pass to the conference with access to the keynote sessions, all sessions, panels, and receptions, including the formal dinner. Speakers will be featured on the conference program and website. The above benefits do not extend to support staff or colleagues who may accompany the speaker.