Offering the BEST in Maintenance Certification
The National Accredited Housing Maintenance Technician™ (NAHMT™) and National Accredited Housing Maintenance Supervisor™ (NAHMS™) credentials were conceived and designed to recognize those apartment housing maintenance professionals, who, through their completion of strict NAHMT and NAHMS requirements, have met the highest possible industry standards.
The NAHMT and NAHMS credential requirements are comprised of education/training, work experience and adherence to the NAHMT / NAHMS Code of Professional Conduct.
The education component consists of successful completion of an accumulation of a total of sixteen (16) hours of training over a five-year time frame, as follows:
- Two (2) hours of training related to REAC inspections or preventative maintenance
- Two (2) hours of training related to lead-based paint or environmental hazards
- Eight (8) hours of training in at least four different maintenance-specific topics (maintenance topics can include but are not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliances, construction, etc.)
- Two (2) hours of fair housing training
- Two (2) hours of nontechnical maintenance specific topics (courses presented on List 2 of the educational requirements listing)
- The certified NAHMT or NAHMS professional will be entitled to use the NAHMT or NAHMS designation on business cards and letterhead.
In addition, each NAHMT or NAHMS will be listed in NAHMA’s online NAHMT / NAHMS national directory. In addition, earning the NAHMT or NAHMS credential will demonstrate a commitment to extensive professional development to peers and employers. NAHMA’s credential programs are well respected in the industry. Most importantly, NAHMT and NAHMS professionals, through their commitment to the NAHMT / NAHMS Code of Ethics (see below), are dedicated to providing safe and decent housing to all eligible residents.
All applications must be returned to the AHMA-NCH office for approval and signature.