Make sure everyone on your team receives up-to-the-minute HD Supply training!
This program offers TWO sessions. You can register yourself and your staff for an AM or PM session only, or both at a discounted rate!
This three-hour class is designed to be an overview of Electricity and how it works. We will trace the path of the electricity from the house meter through the entire structure. Topics covered include:
• National Electrical Code awareness
• OSHA awareness
• Electrical panel service
• Common electrical device installation
• Electrical trouble shooting At the completion of this class students will be able to:
Define common terms used when describing Electricity
Identify common uses of National Electrical code
Discuss and describe safe working techniques
Describe common tests with a multimeter (Voltage, Amperage and Ohms)
Explain the differences between AC versus DC power
Describe the need for a circuit
Troubleshoot lighting and controls
Describe the proper installation of common residential electrical devices
This three-hour class covers the problems associated with the most common service requests on site – PLUMBING! It is designed to be an overview of Basic Plumbing and how it works. The plumbing system will be discussed starting from the water meter, following the supply line into the building, and on to where the water comes out of the fixture and down through the drain. We will also go over the installation of plumbing fixtures, along with drain cleaning, safety, and problem diagnosis of toilets. Topics covered in this class:
• Correct water pressure
• The parts and operation of a water heater
• Replacement or repair of a vanity or kitchen sink
• Replace or repair of a faucet
• Use of common plumbing tools
• Servicing, parts, and troubleshooting for toilets
• Proper techniques for servicing, cleaning and resetting a disposal
• Health concerns while making plumbing repairs
• Chemicals and their use in plumbing
• Personal Protective Equipment
About the Speaker: Jose Turcios (Rigo) has been performing various roles in maintenance since 1985. He has held many positions, up to and including Chief Engineer, while working for the Embassy Suites and the Marriott Corporation.
You can register numerous people through this invitation. Click ‘Add a Guest’ on the Registration screen. You may pay with a check or with a credit card once you have completed this form. Thank you Mercy Housing for Hosting these classes!
Continental breakfast will be provided. Lunch is on your own.