This 6-hour class is an introduction to, and overview of, Electricity, how it works, and how it is measured using the functions of Voltage – Amperage – Watts – Resistance. Ohm’s Law and its applications will assist in defining and understanding troubleshooting components. The basics of electrical circuits, typical residential wiring, breakers, service box connections, grounding wires and cable color and insulation codes will be covered. Additional topics include: safety, American wire gauge and amperage, OSHA, and basic techniques of electrical troubleshooting. **(Hands-On demo available if Appliances are provided)**
Topics covered in this class will include:
• Safety – Lock-out / Tag-out procedures
• AWG and other common uses of the National Electrical Code
• Wires, Cables, and insulation color coding
• Fundamentals of Ohm’s Law and how to use it.
• The differences between AC versus DC power
• Differences between Series and Parallel circuits, and reading schematics
• Basic wiring and Three-way and Four-way lighting switches
• Troubleshooting typical residential circuits and electrical components
About the Speaker:Jose Turcios (Rigo) has been performing various roles in maintenance since 1985. He has held many positions, up to and including Chief Engineer, while working for the Embassy Suites and the Marriott Corporation.
You can register numerous people through this invitation. Click “Add a Guest” on the Registration screen. After completing the form, you can pay with a check or credit card.
Continental breakfast will be provided. Lunch is on your own.
Thank you Salvation Army for hosting this training!