NAHMA HUD Update: HUD Issues Clarifications on Working with Residents at MFH Properties
Recently, HUD issued a memorandum providing clarifications to existing HUD guidance related to working with residents and addressing issues at HUD MFH properties, as well as a reminder of the importance of following the guidance.
The memo covers the following items:
· Owners’ Responsibility to Notify Residents of a Physical Inspection
· Owners’ Responsibility to Make Inspection Documents Available for Comment and Review
· Implementation of New House Rules at Assisted Housing Properties
· Owner Responses to Tenant Complaints
· Owner Self-Certification of Complete Repairs and Exigent Health and Safety (EH&S) Findings