AFFORDABLE HOUSING MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION-NORTHERN CALIFORNIA & HAWAII
Effective as of July 1, 2018
- What Personally Identifiable Information and other data is collected from you, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What Information is Collected
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information may include your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other information that you submit on this website. While you do not have to provide Personally Identifiable Information to access this site, use of some services available through the site may require us to collect Personally Identifiable Information from you. We collect Personally Identifiable Information only when you affirmatively provide it to us.
(b) Tracking Data: This website, like many other sites, records basic information about visits to our website. When you visit a website, you automatically disclose certain non-personally identifiable information, such as your browser type, operating system, internet service provider, Internet Protocol (IP) address, the referring page or website, the time of your visit, the pages you visit and features you use, the total number of your website or page visits, your search terms, and the average time you spend on a page or area of the website. This is referred to as “Tracking Data”. Collecting Tracking Data is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We may combine the Tracking Data we collect from you with your Personally Identifiable Information and use the combined information for our own personal customer research and marketing purposes. We may share the results of that research with third parties for our own use, but we will not share the combined information with any third party for its own marketing or other use.
(c) California Do Not Track Disclosure: This website currently does not have a mechanism to recognize or respond to browser Do Not Track signals or settings. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track you may visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
How Information is Collected
AHMA-NCH collects information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: We collect and store only direct information that our members and visitors knowingly provide.
- Device information: We collect device-specific information (such as operating system versions, browser interfaces, and connection speeds). These identifiers are not associated with any AHMA-NCH account and stored independently.
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by AHMA-NCH, we automatically collect and store certain website behavior information in data logs. This log is not associated with an individual AHMA-NCH User Account and cannot be correlated. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries
- Internet protocol addresses
- General location information
- Network and Connectivity
How Information Is Used and Shared
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell this information to anyone.
We may use your information to respond to you in relation to the reason that you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request or as may otherwise be described herein.
- From AHMA-NCH Members, Educational Event Registrants, and Other Customers: Members and other users may be asked to register and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. AHMA-NCH only uses this information to enhance its services to improve its own web content, respond to visitors’ interests and needs, and to develop new services. We will not sell this information.
- Disclosure to Third Parties: AHMA-NCH may make member contact information available through the online Membership Directory to other members using its website and to those who register for its meetings, conferences, or educational events.
To opt-out of having your contact information disclosed pursuant to the above, you may:
Please be sure to specify in your communication that you wish to not have your contact information disclosed. AHMA-NCH will process your request as quickly as possible; however, your contact information may continue to be disclosed until the request is ultimately processed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Credit Card Information
Information and Payments by Check Sent to AHMA-NCH
Links The AHMA-NCH website may contain links or widgets that connect to other websites. AHMA-NCH has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such websites. We encourage our users to a) be aware when they leave our website and b) read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information and/or other data.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 on this website. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
AHMA-NCH cares about the security of your information, and thus, have put into place procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected through this website. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. However, please note that while AHMA-NCH takes precautions and has instituted measures to protect your information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
In the event any information under our control is compromised as a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and where appropriate, notify those whose information may have been compromised. In such an event, we will take any other steps as may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure as May Be Required by Law
Please note that if legally required to do so, we may disclose information you provide to us, such as pursuant to court order or subpoena.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contact from us at any time. You may also do any of the following by contacting us at the information below:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.