Two Important CHUSA Webinars This Week! Register Now to Reserve Your Spot!
Multifamily Housing Partners,
The ConnectHomeUSA team is kicking off 2024 in full force! We’re bringing you two important webinars this week:
- The first (on January 10th) about a one-time opportunity to impact your community’s ability to benefit from the largest federal investments in broadband — the effects of which will be felt for years to come; and
- The second (on January 11th) about the new opportunity to join ConnectHomeUSA. HUD has not opened up the program to new communities since 2020!
Read on to learn more and to register. We look forward to seeing you there,
The ConnectHomeUSA Team
REGISTER TODAY: BEAD Challenge Process with HUD Non-Profit Partner EducationSuperHighway
Funded at $42.45 billion, the Broadband Equity, Access and Deployment (BEAD) program is the federal government’s largest investment in broadband infrastructure.
States are currently in the process of setting up what is referred to as a “challenge process:”
- This process will allow PHAs and other HUD-assisted housers to challenge, or correct information the state has regarding properties’ connectivity status (served, underserved, or unserved by broadband).
- This information will be used by states to determine priority areas in which to invest their BEAD dollars.
- States will only offer the challenge opportunity once, so it is critical that PHAs understand how they can get involved.
This webinar will equip you with the information and tools you need to make a meaningful impact in the challenge process. Making sure your community’s broadband information is accurate may determine whether your community benefits from this historic funding.
The webinar will be conducted by staff of CHUSA’s nonprofit partner, EducationSuperHighway, who are undertaking the challenge process for properties around the country. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, January 10th from 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET. Register now and share with others in your community who may be interested!
Register for the BEAD Challenge Webinar Here
REGISTER TODAY: Steps for Applying to Join the ConnectHomeUSA Expansion
Join us again on Thursday, January 11th from 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET to learn more about the ConnectHomeUSA Expansion and how to apply.
During this webinar, CHUSA staff will provide an overview of the application requirements outlined in the Federal Register Notice, discuss the restructuring of the program, and highlight the benefits of joining ConnectHomeUSA! The CHUSA Team is thrilled to announce that Felts Lewis, the Executive Director of the Roxboro Housing Authority, will join the webinar to share his perspective about the benefits of joining ConnectHomeUSA.
In a recent press release, HUD Secretary Marcia L. Fudge said, “HUD is committed to ensuring families and their children have access to affordable and reliable internet. The ConnectHomeUSA Initiative helps to bridge the digital gap so that families have equitable access to broadband resources so that they can succeed.”